Ready to run in Fleet Feet Seattle's first race ever AND the biggest Fleet Feet Sports event ever? Welcome to The Big Run!
On June 7, Fleet Feet Sports locations nationwide will hold a local 5K race to celebrate Global Running Day. Fleet Feet Sports Seattle with Northwest Trail Runs will be hosting a 5k trail race at Interlaken Park!
The Big Run begins with a smooth out-and-back on the historic road, then turns quickly upward and onto the forest trails. There are a few steep pitches that will tax your quads, and a sustained climb before you turn around to sail back down through the trees. Those who fancy themselves strong downhill runners may catch the climbers on the descent! Then catch your breath on the silky smooth pavement, because each lap is 2.5k, so we'll all run it twice. The climb will leave you puffing, the descent will be thrilling, and when it’s all over, you’ll have one serious endorphin high. Come discover the refreshing power of this green enclave!
We want to see the whole community participate because, seriously, running together rocks. Let us recap the ways:
• You will be running Fleet Feet Seattle's first ever race, a trail race, no less!
• You get to join Fleet Feet Sports communities across the country in doing something we've never done before—a nationally-coordinated 5K race taking place in different locations all on the same day.
• It's on a Wednesday—who couldn't use a mid-week pump-up?
• Post-race BBQ so that we can all welcome Summer with our arms wide open!
• We know some people. And some pretty cool brands (cough, cough, Brooks). Let's just say, we're planning some fun raffle giveaways and category prizes.
The Big Run coincides with Global Running Day and is open to runners of all levels and abilities. OR if you prefer, we're also looking for some volunteers. Email Andrea if you're interested in volunteering that evening.